My name is Mike Farmer and I’m a retired Lt. CoIonel in the Marine Corps. I was in active service April 1971 through March 1974 (plus 12 weeks in Officer Candidate School in the summer of 1970) I was in Reserve service from August 1974 through May 1998. I received a Vietnam Campaign Medal.
Vietnam Campaign Medal
- Basic School Class 6-1971, Quantico VA. Finished in the top 10% of 330 officers. Only the top 10% choose their MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) and their first duty station. This is the end of the Vietnam War, so if you wanted to go to war (what Marine doesn’t?!) then you had to finish in the top 10%. Only 17 made it overseas.
- Platoon Commander, 1st Platoon, Bravo Company, First Battalion 9th Marines, Vietnam
- S-2 (Staff Officer, Intelligence) First Battalion 9th Marines, Vietnam
- Executive Office, Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion 8th Marines, Camp Lejeune North Carolina
- Company Commander, Kilo Company 3rd Battalion 8th Marines, Camp Lejeune
- S-3A (Operations officer) 3rd Battalion 8th Marines
Various posts through the Reserve Component.
Learn more about Cushman & Wakefield’s Veterans Initiative Program.