Associate Matt Avelar Will Work With the Team of Senior Vice President Rick Miller and Associate J.D. Brussels in the Firm’s Boca Raton Office
Boca Raton, Florida – Cushman & Wakefield announced today that it has made another hire in South Florida. The global commercial real estate firm continued its targeted growth in the region with the addition of Associate Matt Avelar in its Boca Raton office.
Mr. Avelar joins Cushman & Wakefield’s South Florida operations after spending nearly two years in the firm’s Long Island office, where he handled business development for the office leasing team of Senior Director Philip D’Avanzo and Senior Director Roger Wooster. In South Florida, he will focus on tenant representation and work with the team of Senior Vice President Rick Miller and Associate J.D. Brussels.
Mr. Avelar began his career as a public relations expert for various South Florida commercial real estate developers and garnered considerable brokerage experience at Sotheby’s on Long Island, where he established a strong track record of high-end residential sales along Long Island’s famed Gold Coast. He attended Lynn University and Palm Beach State and holds a degree in marketing.
“It’s rare to find someone with Matt’s background in business development, marketing and brokerage,” said Larry Richey, Senior Managing Director and Florida Market Leader. “His broad spectrum of experience will be a tremendous asset to Cushman & Wakefield and our clients. ”
The hiring of Mr. Avelar marks the further expansion of Cushman & Wakefield’s South Florida operations. The firm has made a concerted effort to aggressively grow its footprint in the region. Recent hires of note include:
- The January 2016 hire of Executive Director Jeff Holding and A.J. Belt’s billion-dollar office tenant representation team based out of the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office.
- The growth of Director Mark L. Pateman’s West Palm Beach brokerage team with the January 2016 hire of Director Michael Feldman.
- The December 2015 addition of J.D. Brussels to Miller’s tenant advisory team.
- The November 2015 acquisition of a multi-billion dollar agency leasing team led by Deanna Lobinsky, Travis Herring, and Katherine Ridgway and its subsequent expansion with the January 2016 addition of Associate Chase Kulp.
- The December 2015 hiring of Associate Tyler Reynolds, who joined the Tenant Advisory team of Senior Director Tony Jones and Senior Associate Ryan Levy.
- The December 2015 hiring of Senior Research Analyst Valerie Tatum in the firm’s Boca Raton office.
- The November 2015 addition of one of the largest Capital Markets teams in South Florida led by Scott O’Donnell and Dominic Montazemi.
These hires are in addition to the impressive array of talent acquired in Cushman & Wakefield’s September 2015 merger with DTZ.
For Further Information Contact:
Cushman & Wakefield
+1 954 377 0507