Jon Blunk, Laurel Oswald, Cristina Glaria, Christopher Metzger, Richard Etner, Christopher Thomson, Matthew McAllister, Deanna Lobinsky, Travis Herring, Katherine Ridgway, Caroline Fleischer and Addison Meriwether Honored
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA – Cushman & Wakefield is pleased to announce that 12 of the firm’s executives were recently honored at the NAIOP South Florida 2016 Awards of Excellence in Fort Lauderdale. The firm took home four awards and was named a finalist for many others.
Award winners included Senior Director Jon Blunk, Director Laurel Oswald and Senior Associate Cristina Glaria, who were named Office Brokerage Team of the Year. In 2015, Blunk, Oswald and Glaria closed 71 transactions throughout South Florida totaling nearly 560,000 square feet and valued at more than $230 million. These efforts included two of the market’s largest leases representing Crocker Partners at Miami Center, where the team handled Citigroup’s 122,678-square-foot relocation and Shook Hardy’s 60,000-square-foot lease.
Executive Director Christopher Metzger, Executive Director Richard Etner, Senior Director Christopher Thomson and Associate Director Matthew McAllister were named Industrial Brokerage Team of the Year after closing 91 transactions throughout Broward and Palm Beach Counties valued at more than $73 million.
The Agency Leasing team of Executive Director Deanna Lobinsky, Executive Director Travis Herring and Director Katherine Ridgway were honored twice for their efforts representing Torburn Partners at Plantation Pointe. The team earned Office Lease Transaction of the Year and the Economic Impact award after negotiating a 260,000-square-foot headquarters lease for Magic Leap, a rapidly growing tech firm specializing in augmented reality. Magic Leap is expected to bring more than 700 high-paying jobs to Broward County. This was the largest office lease transaction in Broward County in 2015 and was completed prior to the team’s transition to Cushman & Wakefield in November 2015.
Cushman & Wakefield brokers were also named finalists for a multitude of other awards:
- Metzger, Etner, Thomson and McAllister’s sale of the Alliance Building in Coral Springs was a finalist for Industrial Sale of the Year as well as the Economic Impactaward. In this transaction, the team represented The Enthusiast Network in its $12.85 million sale of a 245,000-square-foot office/warehouse building and 18 surplus, developable acres.
- Metzger, Etner, Thomson and McAllister picked up another Industrial Sale of the Yearfinalist honor for negotiating MSG Marina Mile’s $22.4 million purchase of the 190,000-square-foot Bridge Point Marina Mile Building in Fort Lauderdale.
- Director Caroline Fleischer was a finalist for Office Broker of the Year.
- Fleischer and Senior Director Addison Meriwether were honored as finalists for Office Lease of the Year for their efforts in helping negotiate Cross Country Healthcare’s 107,000-square-foot headquarters relocation and expansion in Boca Raton.
- Executive Director Scott O’Donnell, Senior Director Dominic Montazemi, Senior Director Jason Hochman, Director Miguel Alcivar and Senior Associate Greg Miller were recognized as finalists for Industrial Sale of the Year for arranging the sale and financing of Ivy Equities’ Show Management Industrial Center, a 90,000-square-foot office/warehouse in Fort Lauderdale. This transaction was completed prior to the team’s transition to Cushman & Wakefield in December 2015.
“We are extremely proud of our colleagues in South Florida,” said Larry Richey, Senior Managing Director and Florida Market Leader. “They continue to raise the bar in terms of service and production and these honors are well deserved.”
The event, held February 25 at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, honored the top performers in South Florida’s commercial real estate industry. It was hosted by NAIOP South Florida, which is the area’s leading trade organization representing developers, owners, investors and other professionals in commercial real estate. It is an affiliate of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, which represents the interests of commercial real estate professionals across North America.
For Further Information Contact:
Senior Managing Director
Florida Market Leader
Cushman & Wakefield
+1 813 204 5317
David A. Meyer
+ 1 407 489 7488