By Mike Kboudi, Senior Managing Director
The idea for the Day of Giving was something that I came up with during the downturn in the real estate market. Individual revenues were declining and there was a general sense of ambivalence within our company. I started encouraging volunteer work as another way to find a sense of worth, and as the culture of giving grew within our office, I decided to turn the day into an official event beginning in 2014. The results have been excellent—I hear from people within Cushman & Wakefield that they continue their volunteer work throughout the year, and that they have really impacted the lives of others.
The 3rd Annual Cushman & Wakefield Day of Giving is scheduled for Friday, October 21, 2016. The goal of the day is to give everyone an opportunity to positively impact the community through hands-on projects. In addition to our efforts, our target is to raise $10,000, which would be a significant increase over what we raised last year. I am encouraging everyone to give as much as they can for the following great causes:
- Project Valentine: Project Valentine gives 500-600 gift bags to patients receiving chemotherapy each Valentine’s Day.
- Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK): ELK serves more than 5,000 underserved, urban youth (ages 5-25) each year through year-round intensive programs and in-school/after-school programs in Denver, Adams, and Arapahoe Counties.
- CBR YouthConnect: CBR YouthConnect has been helping children at an elementary school by providing an animal assisted professional to work with their special needs classrooms.
- HomeAid: In August 2014, HomeAid, with help from Wonderland Homes and McStain Neighborhoods, renovated a four-plex for homeless families with children for the Denver Rescue Mission.
- Wish for Wheels: Wish for Wheels gives brand new bicycles and helmets to kids in low income communities.
To make a donation, please click here.
Mike Kboudi, Senior Managing Director, has been selling land for over 20 years and specializes in finished and platted residential lots, raw and commercial land, bid sales processes and lender representation. Based out of the Denver office, he consistently ranks as top land broker internally and has been honored as NAIOP’s Land Broker of the Year six times. Mike lives in Denver with his wife, Toni, and his three children, Aidan, Jillian and Grayson.